- $30.00 For entering and RECORDING any Deed, Mortgage, Lis Pendens, Certified Copy, or Other instrument.
* $4.00 of this fee is deposited to the Michigan State Survey and Remonumentation (MSSR)fund.[The $4.00 MSSR fee is not assessed on Fixture Filings, State Liens, Federal Liens, MESC Liens, State Deeds, Plats or Tax Reversion Documents, MCLA 600.2567a (5)]
Assignment and Discharge Fees:
For any document which assigns or discharges more than one instrument:
- $3.00 shall be added to the recording fee for each additional instrument so assigned or discharged.
A tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer's Office prior to recording any of the following [MCLA 211.135]:
- Warranty Deed
- Any Deed which contains a covenant of warranty
- Land Contract
- Assignment of Land Contract with warranty clause
- Master Deed for Condominium
- $5.00 for up to twenty-five (25) descriptions
- 20¢ per additional description
- Real Estate Record Copy $1.00 per page
- U.C.C. Record Copy $1.00 per page
- $5.00 per document Fee for certification of any of the above copies. [To be eligible for certification, the document must be copied in its entirety by the Register of Deeds Office.]
Call the County to inquire about Tract Index Fees
U.C.C. Fees — Part 5 - Filing
Effective October 1, 2016
Fees for filing and indexing
Financing Statement or Fixture Filing and any amendment hereto
[an amendment includes: amendment, assignment, continuation, release or termination of a filed / recorded instrument]
The fees do not apply to a mortgage that is effective as a financing statement filed as a fixture filing or as a financing statement covering as extracted collateral or timber to be cut under Section 9525(3)-recording and satisfaction fees that otherwise would be applicable to the record of the mortgage apply.
What is filed with the Register? MCL440 Sec. 9501
• As extracted collateral • Timber to be cut • Fixture filings
Documents filed with the Register of Deeds shall be recorded in the real property records contained in Section 47 of 1846 RS 65, MCL 565.47, notwithstanding the provisions for witnessing and acknowledgment.
Foreclosure Deeds - Redemption
Act 538 of Public Acts 2004
Effective March 30, 2005
The purchaser of a foreclosure deed shall attach an affidavit to be recorded with the foreclosure deed which states the exact amount required to redeem the property, including any per diem amounts. MCL 600.3140(2)
The register shall not determine the amount necessary for redemption of the foreclosed property. MCL 600.3140(3)