|Rebecca Johns||Office Hours|
|Veterans Service Officer|
|101 Court St.||Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. / Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Munising, MI. 49862||2nd Wednesday of month Mathias Township Community Center 9:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|(906) 387-1635||3rd Wednesday of month Grand Marais Medical Clinic 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|email@example.com||4th Wednesday of month Rock River Township Library 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon|
Alger County Veterans may be eligible for a broad range of benefits and services provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, and the Alger County Department of Veterans Affairs. Traditional benefits afforded to eligible Veterans are listed.
The department assists with:
- Service-Connected Disability Claims
- Applying for VA non service-connected pensions
- Applying for Surviving Spouse Pensions
- County and federal burial benefits
- Eligibility Verification Reports
- Educational benefits
- Retrieving military service records
- Working with social services and government agencies
- Upgrading of discharges, if possible
- Many other Veteran issues.
The Alger County Veterans Affairs Department provides information, referrals, and support services to honorably discharged, wartime veterans and their families.
The department provides burial assistance for eligible veterans and their spouses; reimbursement of foundation costs to put a Veterans Administration marker on the graves of eligible veterans; non-recurring, emergency financial assistance for eligible veterans or their surviving spouses; and a contact for both the general public and veterans to receive information about other veterans' services and programs that are available.